Text lessons in Finnish
Here is a collection of dialogues in Finnish. After each part you will find a lexicon and a piece of grammar.
- Lesson 1 - Meeting people
Matti and Antti run into each other.
Topics: greetings, personal pronouns.
- Lesson 2 - At a café
Matti and Antti have some coffee.
Topics: asking things, numbers.
- Lesson 3 - How to introduce
Antti introduces his girlfriend Kaisa.
Topics: names, nationalities.
- Lesson 4 - Making plans
Matti has plans for the weekend.
Topics: "aikoa"-verb, negation.
- Lesson 5 - Buying tickets
Matti takes a train to Helsinki.
Topics: questions, locations
- Lesson 6 - Telling more about yourself
Matti and Maija are talking.
Topics: studies, professions
- Lesson 7 - Family
Matti and Maija tell about their families.
- Lesson 8 - At home
Matti is talking with his mother.
- Lesson 9 - Telephone conversation
Matti and Maija talk on phone.
- Lesson 10 - Asking the directions
How to know the left from right.
- Lesson 11 - Being late
Matti is late from his meeting with Maija.
- Lesson 12 - In the restaurant
Matti and Maija are having a dinner
Topics: food, infinitives
- Lesson 13 - Express your opinion
Matti and Maija talk about the film and food.
Topics:express your opinion
- Lesson 14 - Talk about the weather
Maija calls her friend Maria in Brazil
Topics: weather, adverbs
- Lesson 15 - Planning a party
Antti and Kaisa are plannig their party.
Topics: conditional, making requests, plural partitive
- Lesson 16 - Shopping clothes
Antti and Kaisa doing shopping.
- Lesson 17 - Finnish party (coming soon)
Topics: comparing adjectives