Finnish culture and language
Here are some texts concerning Finland and Finnish culture. They are little bit more advanced from texts for beginners. There is also a little lexicon in every text.
If you are interested in Finnish culture, check out the Venla-blog.
- Mikael Agricola - "Father of the Finnish language"
- Finnish and it's relatives - languages in the Finno -ugric family
- Finnish food culture - traditions and specialities.
- Finnish Christmas - Christmas traditions and vocabulary related to Christmas
- Spoken language and how is it different from the written "official" form of Finnish.
- Story of the bear - a children's story with an audio.
- Kalevala - The national epic.