Learn Finnish online!
Welcome to study Finnish! Venla.info offers free Finnish online language materials. Here you can find the essentials of the Finnish language. Check out one of the topics below to start your studies!
- Lessons: Read short texts in Finnish and follow a story to learn Finnish. Each lesson gives you some essential vocabulary, structures and a bit of grammar. Start the First lesson here.
- Vocabulary: Listen to the audio examples, practise your pronunciation and learn new words in Finnish. Vocabulary is sorted by topics and gives you hundreds of everyday words.
- Grammar: Start with the Introduction to Finnish grammar or browse the topics and learn the basics of Finnish grammar. Each grammar article goes deeper into the structures of the language than the basic lessons.
- Exercises: Test yourself with these interactive exercises. You can choose from vocabulary, grammar, listening and reading exercises. You will get an instant feedback for your answers.
- Blog: Subscribe to the blog and read about current events, Finnish music, Finnish idioms and get practical tips how to learn languages.
This site is my personal hobby. Venla is not my name; the site is named after Männistön Venla, a maid in Aleksis Kivi's novel Seven brothers.
If you have any questions, feedback, or suggestions, feel free to send me an email (address venlainfo(2)gmail,com).
If you like this site, please support us! Click here to find out how.
Want to study Finnish on Skype? Send an email to email@example.com and ask for more information.
TweetsTwiittejä käyttäjältä @StudyFinnish
Follow us in Twitter
17.2.2015 Finally found time and energy to start to rebuild the site after it was hacked couple of years ago. Stay tuned!
19.3.2010 Links updated
24.10.2010 New exercises, some errors corrected, thanks Tom!
11.10.2009 The blog is open! This blog is ment mainly for my students at the Turku university of applied sciences.
English text corrected, thanks for the help Philip and Narayanan!
18.7.2008 Some audiofiles added. Works with Firefox, but not Internet Explorer (yet).